Tuesday, December 20, 2022

My 2022 Christmas Card

  It has become a bit of a tradition here on the blog to share my annual Christmas card. I have been making my own for the past five years now. If you’d like to take a look at what I’ve done in the past, here are cards from 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. I always try to use a picture on the front that is personal. I like to share a little bit of personal information on the inside whether it’s about my home and lifestyle, or a recipe. The back always has a picture of something memorable from the current year, or those past.

 This year’s card features a picture from the blog of one of my favorite tablescapes. At the time I was taking the pictures I had it in the back of my mind that one of them would make an excellent Christmas card, and I believe I was right. This is not the first time that I have used a blog post photo on a greeting card. You can find my Chinese New Year card from 2019 here where I did it for the first time and really liked the results.

 A popular side dish that I serve at Thanksgiving and Christmas is my Sugarplum Fairy Salad, so I decided to share the recipe in this year's card. As a consequence, I thought “Eat drink and be merry” would be the perfect inside sentiment.

  Stanley takes part this year in advising us to rest and not get stressed out over the holidays.

 Merry Christmas to all!

5 comments:

Gina said...

Oh, I love your card this year! Sending out Christmas cards is something I will do again...maybe next year. For this year, I went with a store bought card for my mother and my sister. But I should do something a little more personal for each of my kids. Hmmm...

Marie Smith said...

What a beautiful card you do every year! Merry Christmas and blessings in the New Year!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Christmas card! Your creativity is an inspiration! I’m wondering how you make those darling envelopes….are they stamped or are the applied papers? I would love to know…. I always enjoy visiting here…and looking back at your previous posts…always something to appreciate….yummy recipes, beautiful photography, interesting information, I’m not sure how you do it all. ♥️ Sending wishes for a wonderful Christmas, health and joy to you and yours. xo, V.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

My envelopes this year were all rubberstamped. In the past I have used a combination of collage and rubber stamping. That little cardinal bird stamp that you see in the tree was a new acquisition this year. Because I’m a St. Louis Cardinals baseball fan, that adds a bit of whimsy. I’m glad that you liked it.

Thelma said...

I've never forgotten your 2018 card with Jim's fruit cake. What a lovely idea. They are all unique, and Stanley looks great on this yrs. card. Merry Christmas.