Thursday, May 4, 2023

Cinco de Mayo Tablescape

I celebrate my own version of Cinco de Mayo once a month when my aunt comes over for a “Mexican and Margarita” lunch. It is colorful and convivial, but not quite as festive as this table that pays tribute to the Mexican holiday celebrating their victory over the French.

 
The centerpiece gives a nod to festive Mariachi bands with a pair of maracas protruding from a southwestern ivy-filled vase, as well as a piccolo trumpet (a much more suitable size for the table).

 
The table covering and matching napkins I made myself from Alexander Henry fabric.

The Margarita glasses I have had forever; these get A LOT of use. Honestly, it’s embarrassing. The red stemware makes a bold statement right alongside. These are Red Boston goblets by Villeroy & Boch.

 
Red chargers with a bit of rhinestone bling provide a nice base for yellow Waechtersbach dinner plates. One top of them are orange salad plates by Corsica Home that my cousin gifted me, o n top; of which I have lively Hasusenware chili pepper plates.

 
New this year is the orange flatware that I am absolutely in love with. The “Kissing Couple” salt and pepper shakers are always a big hit. There are little magnets in the mouths of each, so they’re always kissing.

 
The Talavera salsa dishes add a bit of Mexican authenticity, not to mention color and fun.

Whether you celebrate or not, a bit of Mexican color at the table is fun at any  time of the year.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday

 

4 comments:

Gina said...

I love, love, love Talavera pottery and always look for it in thrift shops and sometimes I get lucky! I was just thinking today I should ask a friend to grab a margarita with me tomorrow! Your table looks great, as always, and what a nice tradition to have with your aunt!

Marie Smith said...

Meals are an adventure for you! Love this setting!

Donna said...

I like all the color!
Happy Sunday!
hugs
Donna

sandy said...

another beautiful set of colors and that napkin with the purple flowers ..love it.