Thursday, May 25, 2023

Egg Salad with Herbs, Capers, and Black Olives

I love olives. Stuffed or plain, pitted or un-, green or black, I love them all. I have cooked with them, I have baked with them, I have altered them, there is no way that I don’t enjoy them. My favorite cocktail is a dirty martini, so I even enjoy the juice. What I’m trying to say here is that, for me, olive shopping is a thing, and many times (way too many times) I get a little over enthusiastic. When I do, I am looking for ways to make use of them. Today I got the idea to put them in egg salad, something that I have been craving. What a delicious difference! There are so many tasty ingredients in this egg salad that it is loaded with flavor. Add this recipe to your egg salad rotation. You cannot help but love it.
 Egg Salad with Herbs, Capers, and Black Olives

3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 heaping T.
Duke’s mayonnaise
1 T. sour cream
1/3 c.
sliced black olives
1 rib celery, chopped
1 scallion, chopped
1 T. chopped
Melissa’s pickled jalapeƱos
1 T. chopped capers
1 T. chopped parsley
1 T. chopped dill
1 t. fresh lemon juice
Salt & pepper, to taste

Place all ingredients into a medium bowl and gently fold together until thoroughly blended. Refrigerate, covered, for at least an hour in order to meld flavors.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


4 comments:

Donna said...

Oh!! I need this in my belly right Now!! lolol
hugs
Donna

Linda said...

I hadn't thought about black olives in my egg salad, but oh that looks so good Pattie! I tend to buy green ones and forget how good the black ones are too.

Gina said...

I love egg salad with some texture to it! I have potato buns in the fridge, along with fresh eggs from my mother's chickens, and I think I am destined to enjoy egg salad this weekend at work~!

Marie Smith said...

Yummy! I love olives and egg salad! Thank you for the beautiful inspiration!