Friday, April 7, 2023

Dirty Martini Dip

 
About a year ago, I found a dirty martini dip in one of the markets that I frequent (honestly, I can’t remember which one). I really enjoyed it, and have been thinking about that dip ever since, which probably gives you some indication as to my obsession with food (not that you’d fail to notice my hips, but I digress).


This morning I was playing with my new Sheldon and Amy “Fun with Flags”-style
white board and came up with a recipe that is really delicious. Having seen a number of recipes online, I noticed (and was shocked by the fact) that none of them contained gin. Honestly, how can you have a dirty martini ANYTHING without gin?! Here’s the result of my experimentation. You can add more gin if you want a stronger taste, just cut back a bit on the sour cream so that it’s not too runny. It is so good as a dip, but I have to tell you that I used it on a ham sandwich, and I am in love! I spread it on a piece of bread before topping it with wafer thin slices of ham. So good! Give it a try. You will soon become as addicted as I am.


Dirty Martini Dip 

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
¾ c. sour cream
4 oz. blue cheese crumbles
¾ c. chopped
 pimiento-stuffed olives
1 T. gin
¼ t.
onion powder
¼ t. garlic powder

Place all ingredients into a medium bowl, and beat together with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Serve with crudities, crackers, bagel, chips, your choice. In addition to being a tasty dip, it makes an excellent sandwich spread.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

2 comments:

Gina said...

My favorite cocktail, in food form - genius!

Linda said...

Absolutely nothing in it that I don't like! Looks yummy Pattie.