Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Olive Vinaigrette

 A couple of weeks ago I shared a copycat recipe for Olive Garden’s salad dressing. Today I was thinking about olives, and wondered how a simple vinaigrette would taste with the addition of chopped pimiento-stuffed olives. I must say that I quite like it. It has a bolder, zingier taste than does vinaigrette without. Next time I’m going to try a “dirty martini” version, and add a tablespoon of gin. Imagine how good that would be? Give this a try, and mix things up by adding olives stuffed with garlic, jalapeños, blue or feta cheeses, or try, black olives, or Kalamata olives. Be bold!

Olive Vinaigrette 

1/3 c. cider vinegar

1½ t. sugar

1 T. olive juice

¼ t. dry mustard

¼ t. freshly ground pepper

1 t. garlic salt

Few gratings freshly ground black pepper

½ c. vegetable oil

5 large or 10 small pimiento-stuffed olives

 Place all ingredients into a blender or mini food processor, and process until emulsified.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

5 comments:

Donna said...

Looks good! Thank you...
hugs
Donna

Marie Smith said...

I often make a dressing similar to this one. I use maple syrup instead of sugar for the added flavour and Dijon but I will try dry mustard next time! Have a great day!

Linda said...

Your dressings always look SO good. I like the idea of using blue cheese stuffed olives - yum!

Lori said...

I use a very similar recipe. I will give this one a try. It looks delicious.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I'm always up for olives and I can just imagine how good this salad dressing tastes with the addition of olives. Yum.