Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese

 
There's one thing that you can always count on, and that is having your sweet, innocent, apple-cheeked children revealing your secrets is a delightfully innocent way. When my number one son and granddaughter came to visit me over the weekend, I happened to mention to my son that I had made a jalapeño popper grilled cheese sandwich that I really liked.
 
“Oooooh,” said my granddaughter, “That is dad’s happy place. He looooves jalapeño poppers.” 
 
I had no idea. I will say that when you take one bite of this sandwich, it will be your happy place too. I made this in a bucket-style air fryer, and couldn’t be happier; the silicon liner made clean up a breeze. Unlike when grilling or pan cooking, the bread came out wonderfully toasted without a hint of butter residue to make fingers greasy. If air fryers aren’t your thing, feel free to grill or pan fry. This sandwich is all about the filling.

Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese

Slightly adapted from airfried.com

 4 slices sandwich bread

2 T. butter, room temperature

3 oz. cream cheese, room temperatute

1 T. sour cream

1 c. shredded cheddar

¼ c. diced Melissa’s pickled jalapeños

½ t. garlic powder

 Preheat air fryer to 360°F.  (If yours requires preheating.)

Spread the outside of each slice of bread with butter.

Place cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar, jalapeños, and garlic powder into a small bowl and mix with a fork to combine.

Arrange two slices of bread, buttered side down, and top with the cheese mixture. Place the remaining slices of bread over the top, butter side up.

 Place the sandwiches in your air fryer basket and air fry 5 minutes. Flip the sandwiches over and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes or until bread is golden brown and toasted.

Let set 1 minute before slicing and serving. 

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

2 comments:

Donna said...

OhMyWord! You got me hooked! Will be making these!
hugs
Donna

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Who doesn't love grilled cheese. It was always a favorite. This looks rich and delicious.