Thursday, April 13, 2023

Steak Fajitas

 
At the end of last year, for the first time in my life, I tried Fajitas. I liked them, probably a little too much, because I had them twice a week that entire month and into the New Year. Recently, I decided to mix things up a bit by substituting steak for the chicken. I also decided to replace the fajita seasoning that I had been using on the chicken for a spicy marinade. Wonderful!

Steak Fajitas

 1 lb. sirloin steak

3 T. fresh lime juice

3 T. olive oil

2 t. Mike’s Hot Honey

2 t. Melissa’s minced garlic

1 t. Worcestershire sauce

1 t. chili powder

1 t. ground cumin

1 t. smoked paprika

1 t. salt

1 t. black pepper

1 red, yellow, or green pepper, thinly sliced

1 yellow onion, thinly sliced

2 t. vegetable oil

Flour tortillas

Slice steaks into thin strips; set aside.

 In a medium mixing bowl whisk together lime juice, oil, honey, garlic, Worcestershire, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Add sliced steak to marinade, toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least four hours and up to overnight.

 When ready to prepare, heat vegetable oil in a 10” cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is just smoking, using tongs, shake off excess marinade and transfer steak strips, spreading out in a single layer. Let cook for one minute and then quickly flip and sear for another 1-2 minutes until done. Transfer to a warm plate and tent with foil. Add onion and peppers to the hot skillet and cook until both sides are charred.

 Serve in warm tortillas, garnish as you see fit.

 NOTE: I cooked my steak, onions, peppers, and warmed my tortillas, all at the same time using this WONDERFUL Swedish made carbon steel griddle. I am totally in love with this item and cannot recommend it enough.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

4 comments:

Donna said...

Living in Texas, we order and make our own fajitas all the time, at home...but now-a-days, on locarb tortillas.
Wonderful!
hugs
Donna

Marie Smith said...

So yummy! A nice change from chicken too.

Linda said...

And the more lime juice, the better for me! Those look really good Pattie. I have been considering Mike's Hot Honey for a couple months now. Is it really hot?

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Linda, Mike’s hot honey is not really hot at all. Frankly, I was disappointed in the lack of heat.