Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Portobello Mushroom Sauce with Thyme

 
You may or may not have noticed that I have been doing quite a bit of experimenting with portobello mushrooms of late. I love mushrooms in general, but portobellos have to be one of my favorites. They are so meaty and flavorful, not to mention versatile. In case you missed it, I made Portobello Mushroom BrothPortobello Mushroom SoupPortobello Onion Dip, and here is an extremely versatile Portobello Mushroom Sauce with hints of thyme. I have found this sauce is excellent over omelettes, jacket potatoes, beef, and chicken. Honestly, you cannot go wrong. If you want to dress up last night’s meatloaf, this sauce will not only do that, but make it company worthy. If you want to turn that baked potato into a meal for Meatless Monday, put some of the sauce over it. It’s good enough to eat with a spoon (don’t ask me how I know), and certainly one that you should be making. Both company and family will be quite impressed.  Portobello Mushroom Sauce with Thyme

 3 T. olive oil

2 t. fresh thyme leaves*

¼ t. freshly ground black pepper

Melissa’s minced garlic

1 T. unsalted butter

2 T. flour

5 comments:

Marie Smith said...

It looks delicious!

Linda said...

You've had the best recipes with those portobellos! That potato looks scrumptious.

Donna said...

My Larry would love this!! As would I...
hugs
Donna

Gina said...

YUM and all of the ideas for using it sound wonderful, so I'm printing this right off!

thepaintedapron.com said...

It looks and sounds so good!
Jenna