Monday, August 26, 2024

S’mores Clusters


 
S’mores were one of my favorite things as a kid. All I have to do is think of them, and I can hear a crackling fire, smell the wood smoke, and taste the singed marshmallows. I was thinking about them the other day, and wondering if I couldn’t treat them in a different type of way, making them easier and less messy, without compromising the taste. These simple clusters did the trick. There’s nothing to putting them together, the kids will certainly enjoy helping, and you can have that wonderful taste of summer at any time of the year.S’mores Clusters

1½ c. semisweet chocolate chips
½ c. white chocolate chips
½ c. broken graham crackers
2/3 c. miniature marshmallows*

Cover a cookie sheet with
parchment paper (or a Silpat). 

Place both kinds of chips into a microwave safe bowl, and microwave in intervals, stirring after each 30 seconds. I found it took me one minute and 30 seconds to melt them into smooth chocolate.

When chocolate has melted, stir in graham crackers and marshmallows.  Drop onto your parchment paper, and allow a couple of hours to firm. If you’re in a rush, you can place them in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.  

 * If you’re feeling ambitious, you can spread the marshmallows out onto a foil-lined cookie sheet, and singe them with a kitchen torch in the same way in which you would caramelize sugar on top of crème brûlée. This would make them more authentic, but it’s also more work.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

4 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Certainly easier and less messy than roasting marshmallow for smokers. Looks really delicious.

Marie Smith said...

We’ e just had the grandkids for a sleepover. We always bake with them. These will be on the menu for their next visit. Thank you for sharing.

Linda said...

Yours looks like the best recipe I've seen for s'mores clusters! I like your addition of white chocolate chips. I've even seen folks who use dark chocolate - no people, not dark chocolate! I've never tried any recipes - do the graham crackers stay pretty crisp?

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Yes, Linda, the graham crackers stay perfectly crisp. Nice and crunchy.