Friday, August 2, 2024

Why you need a Mason Jar Vacuum Sealer.

 
Is your summer produce coming in as fast as mine? I have so many tomatoes coming in that I’m struggling to keep up. In fact, the night before last I had a dream about them. That’s how much they have taken over my life. I also have cucumbers, onions, and jalapeños that I’m picking daily. If you are as inundated as I am, it’s helpful to be able to get that produce to last as long as possible. Naturally, when you grow your own, it is going to last longer than what you get at the grocery store that is who knows how old, but it can still be difficult to keep up.
 
 I have found that a great way to keep my produce super fresh is to store it in jars that I have sealed with a Mason jar vacuum sealer. This thing is amazing! This past week I used it for salads. I made a different salad for every day of the week, and do you know that salad stayed fresh for longer than seven days? Not only that, but every salad tasted perfectly fresh, even the one I enjoyed at the end of the week. I love salads, but I hate making them. Now, I mass make them all in one morning, and enjoy them all week long.This works exceptionally well for fruit, chopped vegetables, cubes of cheese, salami, etc. It makes it so easy to put together a salad and the makings of a charcuterie tray with little to no effort. If you don’t have one of these Mason jar vacuum sealers, get one. I am not kidding you. It takes up only a tiny amount of space wherever you choose to store it, pays for itself in food saved, and does such an incredible job at keeping your food fresh. If you are worried about food spoilage, you owe it to yourself to get one (get two!) and share with a friend.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

9 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Thank you Pattie. I do think I could use one of these ! Are you recommending this brand? I looked at the write up and it was not written well in English. Actually, I wasn't sure what they were saying. But as long as it works well and the directions are well written.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

This is the one that I use, so yes I recommend it. I’ve been using it for six months now, and have had no issues whatsoever.

Gina said...

This is such a great gadget - it would be perfect for my daughter who loves to meal prep salads!

thepaintedapron.com said...

I love to use jars for keeping snacks fresh, they keep cookies, crackers, nuts etc. fresh literally for months! I might get a vacuum sealer so I can keep perishables fresh too, thanks for the info Pattie!
Jenna

Donna said...

I thought about getting one...!? lol
Probably will...lol
hugs
Donna

hugbandit7 said...

I have a normal vacuum sealer but never knew they made one for Mason jars. Like I need another gadget, but I am going to check it out.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I have a standard vacuum sealer that I never use. This one I use every week.

Linda said...

Wow I never knew of such a thing! Thanks for the tips Pattie.

Balvinder said...

Pattie, I never knew such a a gadget exist. Thank you for sharing the information with us.