Monday, August 12, 2024

Snickerdoodle Cobbler

 
No matter how hot it is, once August hits, I move into “fall mode.” I guess it’s because, where I live anyway, spring pretty much starts in April. By August, my garden plants are dried out and dying, and I am sick of the very sight of them. I’ve found that the gobs and gobs of cucumber and melon vines that I lovingly nurtured and encouraged all summer produced nothing but male blossoms, resulting in no fruit from either, and I’m ready to just chuck it all and move on. That’s why not an August goes by that I don’t make pumpkin spice something or begin to embrace apple dishes. 

I found this recipe online, and the ease of it intrigued me. The recipe was poorly
written, the directions largely wrong, so here’s my version. Warm from the oven, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, this would be a wonderful fall dessert, and certainly company worthy. It also makes a pretty tasty breakfast, or at least that’s what I tell myself. J
Snickerdoodle Cobbler
 
 1 17.5oz. pkg. Snickerdoodle cookie mix

1 stick butter, room temperature

1 large egg, room temperature

1 21-oz. can apple pie filling

3 T. caramel topping

2 t. cinnamon sugar (from enclosed packet)

 
 Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray an 8” x 8” baking dish with PAM; set aside.

 Open the packet of cookie dough mix, remove the cinnamon sugar packet; set aside. In a small bowl beat together cookie mix, butter, and egg until well blended.

Dollop half of the dough by spoonfuls across the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with a teaspoon of cinnamon sugar from the packet. Spread apple pie filling over this bottom layer, and dollop remaining cookie dough in spoonfuls over the top.

Sprinkle with another teaspoon of cinnamon sugar from the enclosed packet, and top with a drizzle of caramel topping.

Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the top is golden brown, and it is bubbly around the edges.

 Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before scooping heaping spoonfuls into bowls and topping with generous scoops of vanilla ice cream.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Ahhh…fall. This looks like fall. Yum!

Linda said...

You had me at snickerdoodle, then you added cobbler! Looks absolutely delicious, and yes,, it would make a perfect breakfast.
I bet the recipe you found was one of those that you have to scroll-forever to get to the recipe. That is one of my biggest pet peeves.

thepaintedapron.com said...

My thoughts have turned to Fall too Pattie, and this cobbler has my mouth watering! It is dangerously easy to make too, yum~
Jenna

Gina said...

I made a simple apple pie yesterday, but I am regretting my decision not to buy the cinnamon cookie mix yesterday when I shopped. Must add it back to my list along with apple pie filling!