Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mysterious Cinnamon Rolls

Today I am cooking from the books. What cookbook you ask?  No cookbook at all, this recipe comes from a delicious mystery by Krista Davis called The Diva Cooks a Goose (A Domestic Diva Mystery).  Her Diva series is a fun one, and, as an added bonus, each book comes with an assortment of recipes in the back of the book that were mentioned throughout the story.  If you're anything like me your mouth will be watering the entire time you read this book! 


A big fan of the bread machine, I decided to give Krista’s ABM Cinnamon Rolls a try.  Here is the recipe right out of the book.  There are many more, but you're just going to have to buy the book to get those!  


I made these exactly as the recipe states -- with wonderful results, I might add -- but I turned mine into Butter Pecan Rolls by using a different topping (see recipe below) on mine instead of the cream cheese frosting.  They are excellent either way, so try them both.




Topping:

In each of two 9-1/2 x 5 x 3 metal  loaf pans (I used glass pans and melted everything in the microwave.) mix ½ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup butter and 1 tablespoon light corn syrup.  Heat slowly, stirring frequently until blended.  Remove from heat. Sprinkle 1/3 cup pecans in each pan.

Ready for the oven.

Hot from the oven. They must cool about 10 minutes before you invert them onto a cooling rack.
Buttery, sugary, pecan-y goodness!

7 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

Wow! These look delicious. I can only imagine how good they smelled baking. Not to mention the coffee perking to go with them.

Best,
Bonnie

Janet Rudolph said...

Oh yummy. I've never used my bread machine, and I'm not exactly sure where it is. Love Krista's books.. food mysteries are always favorites!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Oh my gosh these look so good!

I haven't checked with you this week, to see if you saw the sculpture in Chesterfield.

Hope all went okay.

Mary said...

Oh those look beautiful & delicious~ they are calling to me to reach down and grab one to go with my coffee this morning!

We would love you to join us at FFT and cook the books there! Our next book is Violets of March (3/30) with a little mystery of its on :)

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Ooh, they look delicious! I've been wanting a bread machine for a couple of years but I'm just not sure which one to get.

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Your cinnamon rolls look delicious! I'll have to admit that I've never tried to make them. I bet your house smelled wonderful as they were baking.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. They look amazing! Please send some over my way! ;)
Melody
ChattyChics.com