Monday, March 5, 2012

It's Chili Night!


Yesterday I told you about the sectional tray that my husband bought and how it inspired a number of us in different ways.  We used it for the first time during a Mizzou basketball game where I served chili, salad, crusty rolls, and used this tray for toppings.  Everyone loved it.  The choices were vast, giving many of the diners pause.  It also yielded some wildly colorful and creative renditions of chili.  The combinations are endless, and you can be as colorful as you like.  Had I the room I'd have included chopped red peppers, black olives, and jalapenos.

Come back tomorrow for the recipe that I used to make a delicious Crockpot chili.  I’ll bet this recipe contains one step that you’ve never tried before.


This post is linked to:

1 comment:

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

That serving tray for the chili fixin's is great! It's cold here in South Carolina today. Chili sounds like a wonderful idea. I'll come back for your recipe.