Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Baked Three Cheese Onion Dip

One of the things that I love about the upcoming holiday season is also one of the things that I hate about the upcoming holiday season, namely all of the party food. I LOVE party food, but a person can get too much of that, and long for meatloaf and mashed potatoes. One thing I enjoy, particularly during a season of cold weather, is a hot dip. I have had this recipe in my stash for some time. I’m not sure as to the origin, but I will say that it is very good. Honestly, considering the rather mundane ingredients, I wasn’t expecting it to be as over-the-top delicious as it really is. Be sure to include the pickled yellow peppers. They are a rather recent discovery of mine and I love them! They’re not as hot as jalapeños, more flavorful (in my opinion), and are so good on sandwiches as well. You will be the hit of the party with this delicious crowd pleaser. If any is left over, which I doubt, it makes a wonderful sandwich spread, and super delicious filling for an omelet.

Baked Three Cheese Onion Dip

2 T. olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
½ c.
Duke’s mayonnaise
2 t. cornstarch
1 c. sharp white cheddar, coarsely grated, divided
½ c. Monterey Jack, coarsely grated, divided
¼ c. chopped
Melissa’s pickled yellow peppers, + more for garnish
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 T. chopped chives

Preheat oven to 375° F. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Let cool.

In a medium bowl, with a hand mixture, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth and creamy.

Toss cornstarch, ¾ cup of cheddar, and ¼ cup Monterey Jack in a medium bowl to coat cheese. Add to cream cheese mixture along with the peppers and cooked onion; season with salt and pepper. Turn into a 1-quart baking dish and top with remaining cheddar and Monterey Jack. Bake until golden and bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Let dip cool five minutes, then top with chives and additional peppers. Serve with crackers, crudités, or slices of apple.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

2 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Tis the season for parties and an easy delicious dip recipe is always welcome! As usual your photos are awesome and make me want to dig right in.

Linda said...

Give me this dip and a bag of Fritos Scoops and I'll be in hog heaven. In my opinion there is not much better than onions, cheese, and mayo combined in a hot dip, unless of course it's pimento cheese. :D