Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Day of the Dead Table for Two

If you remember my Festive Fall Table from a couple of weeks back, then you also remember how beautiful the flowers were in the skull vase. They lasted so long that I had to use them again in this Day of the Dead tablescape. It is a simple tablescape, really, but it’s that simplicity that allows the individual elements to come through.

This Calavera fabric from Alexander Henry is quite eye-catching. Because it’s so busy, I tried to keep the table as clutter free as possible, while still driving the point home.

The skeleton candlesticks are new this year and from Michael’s. Aren’t they wonderful? I can see myself using these throughout the year in various mystery tablescapes.

For years I have been stalking the skeleton barware from Pottery Barn, this year I had enough rewards points to finally get a pair of wine glasses. They exceeded my expectations. They are good sized; the skeletons are detailed, and great fun!

The rhinestone studded ruby chargers are usually reserved for Christmas, but I thought they worked well here. They are topped with bright yellow Waechtersbach dinner plates on which I have placed a smaller skull plate that I got a couple of years ago from Pier One.

Gold flatware adds a bit of sparkle to the table.

When coffee or tea is offered up with dessert, I will do so with the addition of skull spoons as well as skull shaped sugar cubes that I found on Etsy.

Framed photos of those past would make a nice addition to this or any other commemorative table. Think of those you’ve lost and celebrate their memories.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday

4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

This an excellent example of less is more. Love it!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Your entire tablescape is striking! I enjoyed that you talked about each item on the table. I agree the ruby changers against the orange plate is and tablecloth is perfect. I don't usually like skull themes even for Halloween but you idea of remembering those who died puts it in a different perspective.

thepaintedapron.com said...

I love this Pattie!! Everything looks fabulous! So smart to use the red chargers, they look great with the yellow and skull plates! I've seen the PB glasses and was very tempted, very cool for the Day of the Dead theme~ and those sugar sugar skulls wow, what a find!!!LOVE LOVE it!
Jenna

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

What a fun, fun table! Visiting you from Tablescape Thursdays.