Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Harvest Spice Bread

This is a wonderful transitional loaf that will take you from fall into winter. The reason it’s transitional is because it contains 1/2 cup of pumpkin purée that you no doubt have lurking in the back of your refrigerator from other pumpkin things you made in the fall. It also has crisp apples, crunchy carrots, and walnuts. The next time I make this, and I will, I’m going to add rum soaked raisins (or cranberries). I like breads that are packed with goodness, and this particular one lends itself to that very thing.

Harvest Spice Bread

From sallysbakingaddiction.com

1¾ cup flour
1 t. baking soda
¾ t. salt
2 t. ground cinnamon
¼ t. freshly grated
nutmeg
¼ t. ground cloves
¼ t. ground ginger
½ c. vegetable oil
2 large eggs, room temperature
½ c. granulated sugar
 ½ c. dark brown sugar

½ c. pumpkin purée
1 heaping cup (about one large) peeled and shredded apple
¾ c. (about 2 large) peeled and shredded carrots
2 T. milk
1 c. chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a
9” x 5” loaf pan with Baker’s Joy; set aside.

Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the oil, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin, shredded apple, shredded carrot, and milk together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Fold in walnuts.

Spread the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes until bread tests done.

Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before removing and slicing. Cover and store leftover bread at room temperature for up to 4 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.


 

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

3 comments:

Marie Smith said...

A slice of this bread is a meal! So good!

Gina said...

This looks so good and I think I have everything needed to make it. I can imagine is scenting my house in the best possible way on Thanksgiving morning!

Linda said...

I love the addition of apples and carrots! I bet it smells so good baking.