Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies with Christmas Sprinkles

 
It is officially cookie baking season, and while I am not keen on baking of any sort, cookies in particular, I do set my feelings aside in favor of Christmas cookies, the best cookies of the year! I don’t like cookies that are fiddly, but these get a pass because they require no special equipment other than a bowl and a spoon. They come together in no time, and if you don’t find rolling them into balls too tedious, you are going to be rewarded with wonderful buttery cookies full of mini chocolate chips and holiday sprinkles. These will be a beautiful addition to your cookie tray, and melt in your mouth delicious.

Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies with Christmas Sprinkles

Slightly adapted from moreorlesscooking.com

 1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter

½ t. vanilla

2 c. flour

1 c. confectioners' sugar

½ c. Christmas sprinkles

1 c. mini semi sweet chocolate chips

 Preheat oven to 375ºF.

 In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in vanilla; cool completely.

 In another bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Stir in the butter mixture, chocolate chips, and sprinkles. (The mixture will look very crumbly.)

 Shape into 1-inch balls. Place cookie dough balls on ungreased or Silpat-lined cookie sheet. Flatten a bit with the palm of your hand.

 Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are brown. Let cool on a wire rack. 

 Makes about 2 dozen.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

5 comments:

Marie Smith said...

You had me at melt the butter. I hate creaming butter!

Cookie day with the kids is coming up!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I used to love to bake cookies for the holidays, but no more. I ended up eating as many as I gave away! These look easy and delicious.

Linda said...

Butter cookies are a favorite of mine - love the sprinkles in them!

mary m said...

How do i print out this recipe?

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Hi Mary,

You can cut and paste the recipe from the blog. I no longer maintain a separate website to allow for printing. Or, if you prefer, email me and I'll email it back to you.

Pattie