Sunday, November 27, 2022

Delicious Gatherings, Reviewed

 
Tara Bench, d.b.a. as Tara Teaspoon was a new name to me. Despite the fact that she already had one cookbook under her belt in Live Life Deliciously: Recipes for Busy Weekdays and Leisurely Weekends, it wasn’t until Delicious Gatherings: Recipes to Celebrate Together, graciously provided to me by Melissa’s Produce, that she came to my attention. It seems that she has been in the food publishing industry for more than 20 years and, among other things, has worked as a recipe developer and professional food stylist. 

Tara says, “I am so passionate about the power of food and cooking, and how it can bring people together, allow us to explore our creativity, and nourish our bodies and souls.“ This is evident in her recent book. If you are looking to impress your guests and elevate every day meals and special holidays, this book is for you.

It is divided into five major sections: “Gather-Around Dinners,” “Serious Sides,” “Main Events,” “Breakfast and Brunch,” and “Baking and Sweets.” Each one provides beautiful photos add mouthwatering recipes, thanks to the concise verbiage, are simple to prepare. There are also helpful tips to aid new or inexperienced cooks, as well as a bit of history or other pertinent information about the recipe.

This is one of the most beautiful cookbooks that I have ever seen. There are multiple two-page spreads throughout, and they are just gorgeous! I don’t know how anyone can page through this book and not want to head straight for the kitchen and start cooking. This book is for inexperienced and veteran cooks equally. Tara talks “to” and not “down to” her audience.

One of the things that I absolutely loved about this book and have never seen before is the photo index. There is a regular index at the back of the book with a listing of recipes and ingredients, but the photo index is absolute genius. We eat first with our eyes, why not choose what we want to make first with our eyes. I thought this was an excellent idea, and I find myself referring to it often.

I have tried a number of recipes from this book (one I will be sharing with you later in the week), and each one has been a success. There is so much deliciousness packed into this volume. I highly recommend it!


 

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

  

1 comment:

Thelma said...

Looks like a great book and the index is very interesting.