Monday, October 17, 2022

Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino

 
It's pumpkin spice season and if you’re anything like me, you are finding yourselves with small amounts of leftover pumpkin from the various recipes for quick breads and muffins that you’ve tried. This recipe will make use of that in fine fashion; anywhere between 1/4 cup and 1/3 cup works just fine here, it’s not written in stone. Why spend top dollar, have to put on pants, and get in the car to buy one when you can whip up something magnificent at home? Feel free to experiment. If you happen to have Bailey’s Pumpkin Spice Liqueur at home, add some of that if you want. I won’t judge. I’m not your mom. For something even more decadent, add a scoop of ice cream -- pumpkin, cinnamon, and vanilla all work equally well here. Don’t ask me how I know.

Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino

 1 c. strong cold brew coffee, chilled

⅓ c. canned pumpkin puree

½ c. whole milk

2 T. pure maple syrup

1 t. vanilla extract

½ t. pumpkin pie spice

½ t. cinnamon

4-5 ice cubes

Whipped cream, for topping

Cinnamon, for topping

 Place all ingredients EXCEPT whipped cream and cinnamon garnish into the work bowl of a high-speed blender (I use one of those mini ninja blenders). Blend for 30 seconds until combined. Taste and adjust for sweetness, and top with a dollop of whipped cream and a few sprinkles of cinnamon.

Makes one serving.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

  

3 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Yummy! Perfect for these autumn days!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Looks amazing to me and yes I'll have some ice cream on top!

Linda said...

I'm intrigued. I like the idea of making my own, because most places use cloves, and I'm not a big fan. This way I can do my own spices. Does the pumpkin make any kind of "texture" in the drink, or does it just flavor it? I want to go buy Bailey's pumpkin spice liqueur now that you've mentioned it.