Friday, October 14, 2022

Turkey Cranberry Sliders

 My friend Alycia eats turkey throughout the year. That is but one of the many things that I admire about here. Me, I can’t eat turkey except at Thanksgiving, and I’m not entirely sure why. I guess it’s probably for the same reason that I will only eat corned beef for St. Patrick’s Day. Any other time of the year just makes it seem like sacrilege.

But the other day I was getting a craving for turkey and cranberries. I happened to, that same day (clearly the fates were with me) stumble upon this recipe for turkey cranberry sliders. I’m not entirely sure what I was expecting, but I’ll tell you this, I wasn’t expecting them to be as magnificently good as they turned out to be. I used deli turkey, but you can use leftover turkey from Thanksgiving if you’re not sick of it by then. I cannot recommend this recipe enough. Delicious, and perfect for little hands as well as larger ones that can easily grab two… or three.
Turkey Cranberry Sliders

1 pkg. Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (12 count)

8 oz. deli turkey or leftover fully cooked turkey

1 c. prepared cranberry sauce, chutney, or relish

8 oz. provolone cheese

¼ c. butter melted

2 t.  Dijon mustard

t. Worcestershire sauce

2 T. brown sugar

½ t. poppy seeds

 Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray the bottom of a 9”×13” baking dish with PAM.

Separate the Hawaiian Rolls, and place the bottom half of each roll into the prepared baking dish.

Layer with turkey, cranberry sauce, and cheese, and then place the top half of the rolls back on top.

 In a small saucepan, heat the butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and poppy seeds over medium heat until the butter is melted and the sugar dissolved; stir often.

 Pour mixture over the top of the buns, and use a brush or spoon to spread evenly over the top.

 Cover the dish with foil. Bake the sliders for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-6 minutes until the sliders are golden brown and the cheese is melted.

Cool slightly before serving.

 

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

6 comments:

Marie Smith said...

We had a similar sandwich on Tuesday with Thanksgiving turkey! So good!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

YUMMY - I copied your recipe for Thanksgiving leftovers!

Thelma said...

That looks delicious. I will save this recipe. Love cranberry sauce and turkey.

Linda said...

This is going on my menu for when the kids come on Thanksgiving! Saw your photo on IG and couldn't wait to get on here and get your recipe - thank you!

Angie's Recipes said...

These sliders look mouthwatering! I still have a couple of jars of homemade apricot chutney...now I know what to do with them :-))

The Tote Trove said...

I know what you mean about turkey being unappetizing any time other than Thanksgiving. And even on Thanksgiving, I always smother mine with cranberry sauce (no gravy for me!). So these tangy, cheesy sliders sound delightful. Especially because they're on those Hawaiian rolls, which I love. I'm sure that more than a few readers will be making these right after Thanksgiving!