Friday, October 21, 2022

Minestrone Soup (Olive Garden Copycat…Almost)

 
I have often mentioned that once September hits I enter “soup mode,” but when October hits, that really intensifies. Last week I made three different kinds of soup, each one quite different from the other, and all delicious! I enjoy having soup alongside a piece of cheesy bread as a meal, but I also appreciate a cup with half a sandwich. Fill your freezer full of delicious soups, and you will be able to eat as well at home as you would have had you chosen to have lunch out. Plus, it’s cozier, you don’t have to put on make up, and it’s far less expensive.

Minestrone Soup (Olive Garden Copycat…Almost)

 1 T. olive oil

2 small zucchini, diced

2 medium carrots, diced

6 celery sticks, diced

½ large onion, diced

1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes

1 32-oz. container vegetable broth

1 T. Italian seasoning

T. dried basil

½ c. small shell pasta

1 15-oz. can kidney beans, drained

1 T. Melissa’s minced garlic

2 c. water

2-3 handfuls fresh baby spinach

 Heat olive oil until shimmering in a medium stockpot; add zucchini, carrots, celery and onions. SautĂ© for about 10 minutes, until vegetables soften. Add tomatoes, broth, Italian seasoning, and basil. Simmer for about 10 minutes.

 Add pasta, kidney and Great Northern beans, garlic, and water. Simmer for about 10 additional minutes.

 Add baby spinach and let it simmer until it wilts. Salt and pepper to taste.

Serve warm with a crusty roll.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

6 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I don’t make miNestrone soup…yet! Soon!

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks warming and very tasty...I bet it tastes fresher and better than the olive garden one.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

What a fabulous vegan soup!! Would love a bowl right now.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Marie, you definitely need to give this soup a try!

Energy, fresh always beats what they have in local restaurants. It was so good I could hardly stop eating it.

Judee, it is a delicious vegan soup. Very hearty and filling. I will be making this again and again. The spinach was my own addition, because I love; it adds nutrition.

Linda said...

I don't think I ever ordered minestrone soup at Olive Garden, but this looks amazing. The cheesy bread addition sounds perfect to me. I like your addition of fresh spinach.

Stacey said...

Adding this to my menu this week! We are in soup mode too even though it's not cold here in Texas.