Thursday, October 20, 2022

Spicy Cheese Spread

 I don’t know about the rest of you, but I like to keep some sort of cheese spread in my refrigerator at all times. Not only do I enjoy having it to make a quick snack or sandwich (as is often the case with pimiento cheese), but it can come in handy when you are wanting to add additional flavor to everyday dishes such as scrambled or deviled eggs, and can be turned into a lovely bowl, surrounded with crudités and crackers, should you need a quick snack for surprise visitors. This is a good one, and should please everyone. It’s delicious on crackers, but also goes well with wedges of apple. It’s perfect for fall.
Spicy Cheese Spread

8 oz. grated cheddar
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
½ c. mayonnaise
¼ c. sour cream
1 small garlic clove, finely grated
¼ t.
smoked paprika
¼ t. cayenne pepper


Crackers for serving

Play some ingredients into the work bowl of the food processor and process until creamy. Serve topped with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper.
 

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

4 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

I cannot keep them in the fridge as I would devour all of them!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Your photos are fabulous. I want to dig right in!!

The Tote Trove said...

I absolutely love the idea of "keeping some sort of cheese spread in (the) refrigerator at all times"! When I was a kid, my mom would sometimes buy WisPride cheddar spread, and I used to go back to the fridge all day for a fresh scoop to spread on Townhouse crackers. Your homemade spread looks even more tempting! So thanks for bringing some much-needed cheese into all of our lives. 🧀🧀🧀

Linda said...

Wish you had been around when I was growing up - lol! We had little jars of pimento cheese as our "cheese spread", and I wasn't particularly fond of it. You always have the best looking recipes for cheesy spreads!