Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Polish Egg Salad


I mentioned last week that I was interested in making peach cobbler cheesecake from the new Golden Girls Cheesecake and Cocktails Cookbook. Despite the fact that the store did not have any peaches, I still bought the cream cheese. What can I say? I am a slave to my list. So that started me looking for recipes that used cream cheese that I had not tried before, and I came across this at allrecipes.com. Now, if you are Polish, and consider this blasphemy, swearing that the Poles would never have egg salad with cream cheese in it, don’t shoot the messenger! I just tried this, liked this, and wanted to pass it along. The flavor is mild, but it intensifies over night in the fridge. I really liked it and the creamy texture. It makes a great topping on bagels making it perfect for breakfast, as well as a wonderful sandwich filling. It can also be mounded onto crackers to use as a snack. I thought it perfect as is, but if you’d like a little more zip, add a little cayenne, Sriracha, or spicy mustard to the mix.

Polish Egg Salad

 

Combine cream cheese and butter in a bowl and mash with a fork. If mixture is too thick, add more softened butter. Mix in eggs and onion. Season with salt and pepper; serve with parsley.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

2 comments:

Linda said...

This does look good! I would definitely add some spicy mustard. It has been SO long since we had egg salad. I bet my husband would love the creaminess of this one.

Carole said...

I need to try this - thanks!