Monday, June 10, 2013

Strawberry Margarita Jam


 People who read this blog regularly will often ask if I eat like this every day.  Umm.  No.  One night last week (sadly, I am not kidding) I had potato salad and gumdrops for dinner.  Yep.  What can I say?  I was tired, I hadn’t thawed anything, and this was pretty much all that was available without effort.

I also have my share of failures.  Now today’s recipe is not exactly a failure.  I was quite chuffed (And by chuffed I mean the British slang version, i.e. delighted, NOT the version that my sons managed to find online, i.e. puffed with fat something they both found quite hilarious particularly since I tend to be a bit on the, ummm, pudgy side.) with the recent successes of my two marmalades, Seville Orange and Meyer Lemon Vanilla Bean, so I dove right into this recipe that I discovered in the course catalog of Kitchen Conservatory Imagine, I thought to myself, a Strawberry Margarita that I could spread on toast!  We’re talking strawberries, lime, TEQUILA and Triple Sec ON TOAST!  Wellit IS delicious, very delicious, but it didn’t quite gel.  Now I am not bothered by this.  I have been known, a la Joey Tribiani from Friends,” to eat jam right from the jar, but you might want something a bit more solid.

I gave a jar to my aunt who called to enthusiastically thank me for the Strawberry Ice Cream Topping so we’ll just go with that.
Actually I do plan to make this again, follow my own direction, and use the frozen plate test that has never failed in the past.  If this works, I’ll let you know.  But here is the recipe that is well worth trying and 100% worth eating.  In fact, try to stop yourself!
 


This post is linked to:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks Delish? I will be trying this recipe.

Mary said...

Pattie~ Thoroughly entertained by your commentary...I had a vision of you dining by candlelight every night! As a strawberry ice cream topping, with regular toast or French Toast, it sounds delicious!

thepaintedapron.com said...

ha! gumdrops and potato salad is desperate! I usually turn to peanut butter :) The jam sounds wonderful!
Jenna