Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Strawberry Yogurt Pancakes

I like pancakes that are light and fluffy like delicious little clouds; Mr. O-P not so much. He likes pancakes that are flat with crispy edges. To me, that's a burger, but I digress. This morning I decided to dig into the case of yogurt that was graciously sent to me by the lovely people at Chobani. I had a bowl of freshly picked strawberries from the local farm stand on the counter, a cup of Greek strawberry yogurt in the fridge, so the choice was obvious.  Strawberry pancakes it is!

Yogurt does something wonderful to pancakes. If you've had trouble making pancakes in the past, this recipe is no fail.  They turn out beautifully, fluffy, evenly browned, and the orange zest makes them extra delicious.  I topped these with yesterday's Strawberry Margarita Jam/Sauce.  Wow.

Strawberry Yogurt Pancakes

 1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 large egg, beaten to blend
1 cup (6 ounces) Chobani strawberry Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon orange zest
¼ cup water
6 large strawberries, sliced

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, yogurt, zest, and water.  Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Drop batter by 1/4 cup onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray.  Top with sliced strawberries. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: 6 large pancakes.

This post is linked to:



4 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

I LOVE using yogurt in pancakes. I haven't made any yogurt in a while so the first batch usually goes to pancakes and also great in pound cakes too.

Thanks for sharing, Pattie. I better make some yogurt stat!

tinyskillet said...

These sound delicious...a perfect summer breakfast.

Linda said...

Oh Pattie these look SO good! Makes sense to use yogurt - I love to cook with it. I also love light and fluffy pancakes, and with that strawberry marg jam? Oh my!

Chobani said...

Wow is right, Pattie. These look incredible! Thanks so much for sharing. Pinned! :)

Amy, @Chobani